Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Limited Access

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:42 AM

I have noticed the following behavior on my clients.

1. I try to connect to my SSID.
    2. I get an IP but no network connectivity. At this point the Icon in the system tray says that I am connected.
    3. I cannot ping the controller. (I am running a continuous ping the whole time.)
    4. The card changes from “connected” to “Limited Connectivity”.
    5. It sits there for about 2 minutes with no network connectivity and then it starts working. (Pings start responding and I can browse the internet.) It also changes from “Limited Connectivity” to “Connected”.

I have an Aruba 3600 controller on version 6.1.3.10  using 105 AP's.

Authentication is TKIP with TLS.  The same issue occures with TKIP with PEAP. 

Also, when I connect to wireless I can see that my Radius responds to the request immediately. 

• 2.  RE: Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:48 AM

In thos 2 mins that is not working can you check which role you got?

You go to the  controller console and check what role you got while is not working.  Check you got the correct role.

• 3.  RE: Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:49 AM

Forgot mentioning...

Dont use TKIP, you are wasting a AP 105 speed...  as you cannot reach 802.11n speed with tkip... all your devices will be connecting at 802.11a and 802.11g speed rather than 802.11n speed

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:49 AM

Can you please check the ACLs on the user-role that client is landing after it completes the authentication process?

• 5.  RE: Limited Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:44 AM
    What role is the user in on the controller?

show user-table mac

• 6.  RE: Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:56 AM

I get a custom Role of "IT Staff" with a rule of "Allow any to any". Full access. This is happen accross all my roles. Also, I am aware of the limiations of TKIP. 

• 7.  RE: Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:59 AM

so you getting the right role, and even getting it you cannot ping anywhere? until a few minutes later? is that your stituation?

cheers

Carlos

• 8.  RE: Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 10:05 AM

Yes, and my Radius server shows the authentication event seconds after I turn on the wireless card on my client.

• 9.  RE: Limited Access

Posted Nov 22, 2013 10:08 AM

Another bit of info. This is happening on Windows computers and MAC's with different models and different drivers.

• 10.  RE: Limited Access
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2013 03:56 PM

I worked with an Aruba engineer on this and turning off "Mobile IP" fixed my issue. Reading up on it now.