Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Limited Connectivity Message While Connected to RAP3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Limited Connectivity Message While Connected to RAP3

Posted Feb 26, 2014 04:41 PM

I have a workstation that's running windows 8.1. The internal wireless card is a Dell DW1530 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini card.

While connected to wireless, I receive the following message 'Limited Connectivity'. When message appears, the laptop drops connection to the internet. The RAP-3 remains connected and never reboots.

If I disconnect and reconnect to the wireless, I'm able to connect to the internet.

I have approximately 35 other RAP3 and several RAP-155P connected to the same 3400 Series Wireless Controller(6.3.1.2). The RAPs are separated into two AP Groups. The Group-A users have not reported any issues with limited connectivity. Although, I have one Win8.1 user that has experienced an similar issue. The Group-B which supports both RAP-3 and RAP-155P only experiences issue with the RAP-3. The RAP-155P users report no issues.

The card is configured with the following:

Antenna Diversity - Auto

AP Compatibility Mode - Performance

Band Preference - None

Bandwidth Compatibility - 11a:20/40, 11bg:20Mhz

Roaming Tendency - Moderate

IBSS Mode - 802,11b Only

Workstation Wireless Stats:

Health(%) - 75

SNR: 67dB

Client PHY: n 20 Mhz

Speed - 121Mbps

Goodput: 20.8Mbps

To Client Frames: 507...Retried Frames: 14%

From Client Frames: 382...Retried Frames: 5%

Question: Assuming the windows drivers isn't the issue, is there a configuration setting that could be contributing to the limited connectivity behavior?

• 2.  RE: Limited Connectivity Message While Connected to RAP3

Posted Feb 26, 2014 06:28 PM

Do you only see this happening with Win8.1 devices ?

Please share the following show rights <role name>

• 3.  RE: Limited Connectivity Message While Connected to RAP3

Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:49 PM

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if this is more of a windows 8.1 problem??? I am starting to see these exact same connectivity issues on three of my departments laptops. I am running a master with 8 local M3's. This issues is appering on campus AP's at this time for me but I might not have heard about our RAP issues jsut yet. We are all using different flavors of Lenovo ThinkPads.

From my research online I am starting to see more and more of this same problem on other wireless networks as well. I will keep digging at this from my side and let you know if I can find any useful information to pass along.

Chris

• 4.  RE: Limited Connectivity Message While Connected to RAP3

Posted Sep 04, 2014 09:33 PM

Hi Chris,

Yes. I'm still experiencing the issue with the 8.1 Windows Machines only. Although, I only noticed the issue with the Corporate Machine with a Window 8.1 Image. A home workstation running 8.1 Windows doesn't have an issue remaining connected to the RAP.

One note about the Win 8.1 Corporate workstation is that under the Advanced Settings on the 802.1x settings tab, the 'Specified authentication mode' is set to 'enable/user or computer authentication. On the 802.11 settings tab, Enable Pairwise Master Key (PMK) caching is enabled.

Curious if the workstation is being de-authenticated. The limited connectivity appears at random times throughout the day. Also, I have a second corporate 8.1 machine in another location connected to a RAP with the same issue.

• 5.  RE: Limited Connectivity Message While Connected to RAP3

Posted Sep 04, 2014 09:39 PM

here is copy of the rights:

Derived Role = 'authenticated'
     Up BW:No Limit   Down BW:No Limit
     L2TP Pool = default-l2tp-pool
     PPTP Pool = default-pptp-pool
     Assigned VLAN = 100
     Periodic reauthentication: Disabled
     DPI Classification: Enabled
     Web Content Classification: Enabled
     ACL Number = 65/0
     Max Sessions = 65535

Check CP Profile for Accounting = TRUE
     Lync Traffic Prioritization profile = default

Application Exception List
    --------------------------
    Name  Type
    ----  ----

Application BW-Contract List
    ----------------------------
    Name  Type  BW Contract  Id  Direction
    ----  ----  -----------  --  ---------

access-list List
    ----------------
    Position  Name                      Type     Location
    --------  ----                      ----     --------
    1         global-sacl               session
    2         apprf-authenticated-sacl  session
    3         lync-acl                  session
    4         ra-guard                  session
    5         allowall                  session
    6         v6-allowall               session

global-sacl
    -----------
    Priority  Source  Destination  Service  Application  Action  TimeRange  Log  Expired  Queue  TOS  8021P  Blacklist  Mirror  DisScan  ClassifyMedia  IPv4/6  Contract
    --------  ------  -----------  -------  -----------  ------  ---------  ---  -------  -----  ---  -----  ---------  ------  -------  -------------  ------  --------
    apprf-authenticated-sacl
    ------------------------
    Priority  Source  Destination  Service  Application  Action  TimeRange  Log  Expired  Queue  TOS  8021P  Blacklist  Mirror  DisScan  ClassifyMedia  IPv4/6  Contract
    --------  ------  -----------  -------  -----------  ------  ---------  ---  -------  -----  ---  -----  ---------  ------  -------  -------------  ------  --------
    lync-acl
    --------
    Priority  Source  Destination  Service   Application  Action  TimeRange  Log  Expired  Queue  TOS  8021P  Blacklist  Mirror  DisScan  ClassifyMedia  IPv4/6  Contract
    --------  ------  -----------  -------   -----------  ------  ---------  ---  -------  -----  ---  -----  ---------  ------  -------  -------------  ------  --------
    1         any     any          svc-sips               permit                           High                                                          4
    ra-guard
    --------
    Priority  Source  Destination  Service           Application  Action  TimeRange  Log  Expired  Queue  TOS  8021P  Blacklist  Mirror  DisScan  ClassifyMedia  IPv4/6  Contract
    --------  ------  -----------  -------           -----------  ------  ---------  ---  -------  -----  ---  -----  ---------  ------  -------  -------------  ------  --------
    1         user    any          icmpv6 rtr-adv                 deny                             Low                                                           6
    allowall
    --------
    1         any     any          any                   permit                           Low                                                           4
    2         any     any          any-v6                permit                           Low                                                           6
    v6-allowall
    -----------
    1         any     any          any-v6                permit                           Low                                                           6

Expired Policies (due to time constraints) = 0