Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Load balancing

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Load balancing

Posted Nov 20, 2012 01:20 PM

I have the 3200xm controller and wanted to know how to setup load balancing between access points?

• 2.  RE: Load balancing

Posted Nov 20, 2012 03:15 PM

By "load balancing" what are you referring to? What are you trying to accomplish? 

• 3.  RE: Load balancing

Posted Nov 20, 2012 04:05 PM

When an AP has more then say 30 or more clients and i have an Ap maybe 25 30 feet away with maybe 2 clients on it can the 30 + ap move some clients over.

• 4.  RE: Load balancing
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2012 04:21 PM

look here:

Config->rf management-> <802.11a><802.11g>Radio profile-><profile name default is the one that most ap's are using>

from the users guide:

The Spectrum Load Balancing feature helps optimize network resources by balancing clients across channels, regardless of whether the AP or the controller is responding to the wireless clients' probe requests.
    If enabled, the controller compares whether or not an AP has more clients than its neighboring APs on other channels. If an AP’s client load is at or over a predetermined threshold as compared to its immediate neighbors, or if a neighboring Aruba AP on another channel does not have any clients, load balancing will be enabled on that AP. This feature is disabled by default. For details, see 

• 5.  RE: Load balancing
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2012 05:55 PM

Thank you for the help this is what I was looking for.