Wireless Access

New Contributor

Local Aruba Controller running very slow, keeps dropping connection to APs

We have a two site configuration, master controller at main location and local at secondary. The sites are 50 miles apart but have a dedicated network connection that they utilize to sync connection. The issue is that the local controller runs very slow, even when accessed onsite and often the APs that are connected to the local controller lose connection. The only way to re-establish connection is to reboot the controller. Lately, I have had to do this weekly if not more. Is anyone else having this issue? Both controllers are on version 6.1.3.2.

MVP

Re: Local Aruba Controller running very slow, keeps dropping connection to APs

Can you do the following commands :

(controller) #show  cpuload current

(controller) #show  cpuload 

And also pick one of the APs that keeps rebooting and run this one show ap debug system ap-name <apname>

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

With those outputs for your knowledge why fabian is aksing you that

On the cpu utilization you should consider the CPU to be highly utilized at 70% (begin monitoring regularly) and considered critical at 100% (being investigating) over a 5-minute period

On the memory you should consider that the memory is moderately utilized at 30 Mb free (begin monitoring
regularly) and highly utilized at 15 Mb free (being investigating) over a 5-minute period.

For the last one do show memory

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
New Contributor

Thank you both for replying. Thus far, the reboot has worked. I will use your commands to monitor the controller to see if I can narrow down what specific task or event is causing the slowdowns.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: