Wireless Access

Locate APs

Hello all,

I am new to the world of wireless and aruba and i need some help.

I have been assigned a task of documenting the number of APs and th number of controllers(if any present) at the various locations.

The controllers or APs are connected to cisco switches at the locations, is there a quick way of locating the APs and the controllers ? Also we also have a master controller at the DC.

Regards

Jasoos

Guru Elite

Re: Locate APs

Jasos,

The more information you have, the easier it will be to document things.  If you have Airwave, you can put the APs in the buildings on a floor map to get Visualization of where they are, as well as reporting and monitoring.  If you do not have Airwave, you should request an evaluation copy from your Aruba sales contact.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks Colin, I'll check if we have AirWave, as i said, still new to the world of Wireless.

Guru Elite

Jasos,

If you have an android device, you should also try Aruba Utilities in the Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arubanetworks.arubautilities

Since you are new, please feel free to ask questions on the forum.  There are quite a few knowledgeable people around who are willing to help with everything.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: