Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Locating Rouge AP's

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Locating Rouge AP's

Posted Dec 14, 2017 04:32 PM

I work in a large enviorment with roughly 150 sites (most in the U.S). We have 2 controllers in our data center (3600 & 600) which all of our AP's register to. The corporate office had an auditor come in to evaluate our network security & discovered 11 rogue AP's which are listed in our 6000 controller. I was looking at official Aruba documentation & read that in order for an AP to be classified as a rogue AP that the Aruba AP must scan the wired network looking for mac addresses, routers & gateways. I also read that the rogue AP must be physically connected to the same wired vlan as the Aruba AP. The Aruba document does not mention how an Aruba controller admin can determine which Aruba AP's  were responsible for classifying a rogue AP. If I could find out which Aruba AP in my enviorment made classifications for the rogue AP's in the list, it would help me locate the 11 rogue AP's. Can anyone tell me how to find that out? Or how to find the IP addresses/macs the Aruba AP used to classify a rogue AP? Again I work in an extremely large enviorment and dont have access to most of the switches in our networks. Please help!

Rogue APs on 600.PNG

• 2.  RE: Locating Rouge AP's

• 3.  RE: Locating Rouge AP's

Posted Dec 15, 2017 04:50 PM

I read the doc but did not see steps on how to enable containment for rogue AP's. I have a 6000 controller running version 6.4.4.16. Is there any extra licensing required or is there a setting that I can enable to ensure the AP's are getting contained? Also I do not have any Air Monitors as far as I know. The only thing I know is my controller model, code version & that none of the rogue AP's are being contained.

cont.PNG

• 4.  RE: Locating Rouge AP's

• 5.  RE: Locating Rouge AP's

Posted Mar 22, 2018 02:15 PM

Broken link... please put the new one. :)

• 6.  RE: Locating Rouge AP's