Wireless Access

New Contributor

Locating an Access Point

Greetings. Any tips for locating an access point's physical location by looking at info on the controller or access point. I know I can run ARP MAC tables but I'd have many switches and that could take awhile. Is there any where in the APs info where is can see neigboring access points or something like that?

Thanks for any info.

~Bill

Guru Elite

Re: Locating an Access Point

On the commandline, you can type: "show ap monitor ap-list ap-name <name of access point>".  That will provide a list of access points that the access point can see and the average RSSI (signal strength).  You can then attempt to locate that AP by the access points that have the strongest signal relative to that AP.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

THank you! I was able to pull up the listing and I can obviously see where the closest 5 Access Points are....except...it displays the BSSIDS and I've yet to find how I can seach for which AP is using that BSSID. I can see the BSSIDs of a radio by looking at the 'Overview" of it in the web interface but that's the only place I've found to view it. Any further thoughts?

Thank you again for the help!!

MVP

Using the CLI, you can type show ap bss-table bssid bssid_here which will give you the AP name for that BSSID.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
New Contributor

THank you VERY much!! Worked perfectly!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: