Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Logging of username and email on captive portal

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Logging of username and email on captive portal

Posted Sep 06, 2016 09:45 AM

I have setup a captive portal which has a custom HTML page to ask for the users name and email address and when they click the logon button they are granted access to the internet as a guest.

In the logs I see a user log giving me the email address as the username but not the actual name that the user entered. Is there a way to get both the users name and email address information logged?

My Custom HTML uses the following code to read the details :

Thanks

Richard

Name   <input type="text" name="user" id="user" size="30" class="text" accesskey="u" />
    Email   <input id="email" name="email" type="email" size="30" class="text" accesskey="p"

• 2.  RE: Logging of username and email on captive portal

Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:04 AM
    You should use clearpass with guest module.

• 3.  RE: Logging of username and email on captive portal

Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:06 AM

Thanks for the reply, however I do not have clearpass and our company isn't willing to purchase it at this stage.

Can this logging not be done without clearpass?

• 4.  RE: Logging of username and email on captive portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:08 AM
    Email and password are the only required fields so email is the only field that it logged. It's designed to be a basic bare bones guest access solution.  

• 5.  RE: Logging of username and email on captive portal

Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:14 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, not the answer I hoped for but good to know

Kind regards

Richard

• 6.  RE: Logging of username and email on captive portal

Posted Sep 07, 2016 09:40 AM

One thing we are looking at is creating a custom portal on an internal server. Check this out: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-create-a-custom-Captive-Portal-for-public-access/ta-p/177854

• 7.  RE: Logging of username and email on captive portal

Posted Oct 01, 2017 09:47 AM

if i wants to configure only email athentication where should i configure Guest-logon or user-logon