Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Logging on Aruba Controllers

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Logging on Aruba Controllers

Posted Apr 16, 2012 11:17 AM

Does Aruba have recommended way to setup logging on their controllers? What I mean is do you set everything to a certain level for all categories

• 2.  RE: Logging on Aruba Controllers

Posted Apr 16, 2012 04:01 PM

I do not believe there is a recommended setting because each environment varies.  All depends on what you want to receive.

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Logging on Aruba Controllers

Posted Apr 16, 2012 04:32 PM

As Mike said, there is no Aruba "standard" logging setup due to the huge number of different customer requirements. 

I, however, think the default levels are sufficient unless I am troubleshooting an issue.  Then, if it is a general issue, I will set the correct log to the debugging and watch it.  If it is a user issue, I will turn on debugging for a particular user (all logs) and watch what happens.

I do know that setting the logs too granular (too much logging) tends to be a bad idea due to the sheer number of messages received. 

• 4.  RE: Logging on Aruba Controllers

Posted Apr 17, 2012 02:07 AM
    I just use debugging when I need it and always try to send to a syslog server. After that I use grep, awk, and more (etc) and this really works for me. I guess I tried to work out what kind of CPU penalty I was prepared to take versus what I wanted to record... not sure if that helps!