Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Lost Certificate and License Keys for Controller

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Lost Certificate and License Keys for Controller

Posted Jul 04, 2013 05:25 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how can we retrieve the lost Certificate and License keys for controller?

Actually i was trying to factory reset the controller and forgot to save the license keys. Now i can't find the certificate keys as well that came the very first time with the controller to generate the License keys :(

Please help.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Lost Certificate and License Keys for Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 06:34 AM

TAC....

• 3.  RE: Lost Certificate and License Keys for Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 07:09 AM

Have you tried logging into licensing.arubanetworks.com? If you can do this you should find the license keys listed there for the serial number of your controller. TAC will also be able to help you.

• 4.  RE: Lost Certificate and License Keys for Controller

Posted Jul 04, 2013 07:32 AM

Appriciate your response...

I contacted TAC and they gave me the certificate and activation keys for the controller. Now what next? I mean when i go to License management system provide the certificate key, it says "already in use".

Please guide me further how can i use those certificate and activation keys?

thanking you in advance.

• 5.  RE: Lost Certificate and License Keys for Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2013 07:52 AM

You should be able to paste in the Activation Keys right into the controller.

• 6.  RE: Lost Certificate and License Keys for Controller

Posted Jul 04, 2013 08:39 PM

Under the licensing portal did you try the import preloaded certificate option. There is an option there to recover the licenses and activations that were used on a controller. You can get them back by just entering the serial number of the controller.

Once you have them back in the licensning portal it should just be a matter of then copying the activation keys to your controller.

I have used this method a few times in the past.