Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Lost floor plans in the visualrf

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Lost floor plans in the visualrf

Posted Oct 18, 2013 09:15 AM

I got the ov3600 a few weeks ago and started to populate the visualrf with my buildings and floor plans. I encountered a problem with adding a switch to the 3600 and the support engineer suggested upgrading the software. When I got back to the visualrf, the buildings were there but all the floor plans were gone. I sshed into the box and I found that the jpg are all there in /var/airwave/data/batch/... but I can't see them in the GUI. Any idea how to make the link again?

I can start again because I only have a few buildings done; however, I will eventually have a few hundred and dread if this would happen at that time. Is this restorable or do I just start again? I restarted the visualrf engine but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help

--myron

• 2.  RE: Lost floor plans in the visualrf

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 09:23 AM

@myron wrote:

I got the ov3600 a few weeks ago and started to populate the visualrf with my buildings and floor plans. I encountered a problem with adding a switch to the 3600 and the support engineer suggested upgrading the software. When I got back to the visualrf, the buildings were there but all the floor plans were gone. I sshed into the box and I found that the jpg are all there in /var/airwave/data/batch/... but I can't see them in the GUI. Any idea how to make the link again?

I can start again because I only have a few buildings done; however, I will eventually have a few hundred and dread if this would happen at that time. Is this restorable or do I just start again? I restarted the visualrf engine but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help

--myron

You could attempt to recover it from a previous nightly backup:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/How-do-I-restore-extract-VisualRF-data-from-a-backup-file

• 3.  RE: Lost floor plans in the visualrf

Posted Oct 18, 2013 03:46 PM

There was a pre-*** tarball and I thought that would work, but after following the directions you gave, I came up with the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: SnapshotImage file[/var/airwave/data/0b34cef7-b0ab-4954-9a54-9767cc456e79/thumb.jpg] does not exist

That 0b34... directory doesn't exist. It's now in the visualrf-save dir I created. I tried copying it back, but it doesn't work. How do I tell visualrf not to use the old 0b34... stuff and use what's in /var/airwave/data/... directory?

--myron

• 4.  RE: Lost floor plans in the visualrf

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 05:32 PM

Myron,

I think you should get support to extract it for you.