Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

MAC address authentication problem

[ Edited ]

My customer has complaint about the MAC address authentication,  when they physically remove the machine from the network the mac address and ip address still on the "Monitoring > Client", it only disappear when perform the command line "aaa user delete mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx". But i suspect is the switch of the ARP cache. 

Please advise, have any other root cause?

Contributor I

Re: MAC address authentication problem

I believe this is just caching and it will eventually go away.  Any user will remain in the clients list for an amount of time after they have disconnected I have found.

I have also seen where clients will stay on the clients list for a longer than normal period when a VAP is configured in bridge mode (sometimes for days after being connected).

--
Jeremy R. Wirtz
WLAN Systems Engineer
Guru Elite

Jordontin,

It should only stay in the user table for five minutes after it stops passing traffic. If five minutes elapses, the controller attemps to ping it three times. If it does not answer after three times it does not answer, it is removed from the user table. That process can take about five minutes in total.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks Jeremy and Joseph.

I will check on that with my customer.

If I Enable "Deny Broadcast Probes and Hide SSID" together with MAC address authentication, does it have any side effect?

Guru Elite

It should not.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Does controller perform broadcast ping?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: