Wireless Access

Gi0
Occasional Contributor I

MAC-based authentication, hot implementation

Hi.

I'm working in a school and I inherited an aruba wlan with 24 AP and a controller "3200" acting as master.

I'm new to aruba interfaces and partially also to wifi.

Actually clients (100 more or less) connect thru a wpa-psk key to a single ssid but now we would like to introduce a MAC based authentication. I read how to do that but i'd like to understand which would be the best practice to implement the service without causing interruption (i need some times to collect mac address from clients).
In other words (I apologize for my english), may I introduce gradually the mac based authentication? Should I create a new ssid, or a new profile? Thank you.

Guru Elite

Re: MAC-based authentication, hot implementation

What radius server will you be using?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Gi0
Occasional Contributor I

cappalli wrote:
What radius server will you be using?
No radius server available, I was thinking to use internal database
Guru Elite

check this out

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/MAC_Authentication.php

Gi0
Occasional Contributor I

cappalli wrote:

check this out

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/MAC_Authentication.php

Thank  You.

I read one more time the chapter but I understand that to activate MAC autentication I had to chenge the AAA profile anf this will affect all user of the current SSID.

Instead, I would like to migrate gradually  clients STA towards MAC authentication.

Guru Elite

Just make your initial and MAC default role the same and you can slowly add in users manually.

Gi0
Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

cappalli wrote:
Just make your initial and MAC default role the same and you can slowly add in users manually.

Fine!

Just to be safer and to get better understanding of how things work, which are the steps to follow to get a new SSID with the new feature?  I understand that the question could seems too wide but the manual I'm reading is too much detailed and I need some "glue" to put pieces together and I'd like to have a kind of sand-box to play with it.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: