Wireless Access

Contributor I

MASTER - MASTER MOBILITY

We are using two different Master controllers due to different codes.  3.4.5.2 on one and 6.1.4.6 on the other.  We purchased newer 135 access points but still have the old SC-1 cards so why we are running two different codes. 

I am having an issue with clients not dropping their connection and having to re-authenticate when roaming to the new AP's on the new controller.  Both clients and access points are on different VLANs than on the older controller that is on 3.4.5.2.

How do I need to configure the controllers to pass on the authentication?

Guru Elite

Re: MASTER - MASTER MOBILITY

[ Edited ]

elmodoeswifi wrote:

We are using two different Master controllers due to different codes.  3.4.5.2 on one and 6.1.4.6 on the other.  We purchased newer 135 access points but still have the old SC-1 cards so why we are running two different codes. 

I am having an issue with clients not dropping their connection and having to re-authenticate when roaming to the new AP's on the new controller.  Both clients and access points are on different VLANs than on the older controller that is on 3.4.5.2.

How do I need to configure the controllers to pass on the authentication?

Unfortunately, layer 3 mobility is not tested between those two versions of code, so there is no guarantee that they will work.  Your only hope is the segregate the access points so that users have no opportunity to roam between controllers.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: