Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MM Move ND to new group in Hierachy

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  MM Move ND to new group in Hierachy

Posted Jul 03, 2017 08:25 AM

Hi,

I'm setting up a MM with multiple VMC's I had autopark enabled to add all new devices in kind of a default group. Now my VMC's are parked there. Is it possible to move them to a different MD group  and if so, how?

thanks Erik

• 2.  RE: MM Move ND to new group in Hierachy
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 09:11 AM

You basically need to delete them from the autopark node and move them to the new node, however, I am assuming you want to maintain the config from the autopark node to the new node? If so, you can cd into the autopark node, do a 'show config committed', copy and paste that output, cd into the new node, paste in that config, then delete the controller out of autopark node and move it into the new node.

Yes it's a pain, yes we are working on a feature for AOS 8.2 or 8.3 to support an easier move solution. :)

• 3.  RE: MM Move ND to new group in Hierachy

Posted Jul 03, 2017 10:44 AM

Thanks for that. For now we left it in the autopark node since this will be the only environment but I will make a menal node for the next AOS instal.

While on the MM subject. VRRP seems to be not working. I was preparing the environment for a standby vMM. I entered the VRRP details as usual with controllers. I can ping the VIP from the controller but not from a network node. I can ping the MM IP from the network node. Standby MM is not online yet.

VRRP is up. The controller IP didn't change to the VIP though which is the normal behaviour in AOS6. I can't assign the VIP to the controller. What do I miss here? There's nothing written in the manual other then the "normal" controller VRRP setup.

regards, Erik

• 4.  RE: MM Move ND to new group in Hierachy
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2017 10:37 AM

You need to make sure that promiscuous mode and forged transmits are enabled on the vSwitch your vMM is on (as well as the Standby vMM).

• 5.  RE: MM Move ND to new group in Hierachy

Posted Jul 05, 2017 03:40 AM

Thanks Jerrod. In my lab VRRP is working as expected. I have both promiscuous mode and Forged Transits enabled. It's even mentioned in the instructions so it looks like my customer didn't follow them completely. 

I have another question on AOS virtual but I will open a new thread for that after I spend some time in my lab.

rgds, Erik