Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mac auth with Aruba IAP 225!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mac auth with Aruba IAP 225!

Posted Feb 08, 2015 09:03 AM

Hi All, Please help with below two queries.

1) I have a IAP 225 cluster and want to achieve MAC auth for 103 users. can i import all this mac from an specified format(e.g. in excel sheet etc). for ease of implementation.

2) i want users to get authenticated with mac as well as .1x. i.e a user should be given access only if he has a entry in mac as well as in radius server. Is that Possible? if yes please guide procedure as well.

Thanks in advance!!

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Mac auth with Aruba IAP 225!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2015 10:08 AM
    Do you have ClearPass? 

• 3.  RE: Mac auth with Aruba IAP 225!

Posted Feb 08, 2015 10:50 AM
    I don't believe this is possible as both require 802.1x authentication. There is an option to use either within IAP. But I haven't seen one for both.
    Clear pass may offer this year type of options.

• 4.  RE: Mac auth with Aruba IAP 225!

Posted Feb 08, 2015 12:24 PM

You can use both for your authentication.

for that you have to enable mac auth in IAP and then you have to add the mac id [remember in mac auth user name and password both are mac id] in authentication source

[for large implement is not a good idea to use both]

So at first user will complete mac auth then user auth..

mac auth.jpg

This does seem to describe it very well for Instant.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/InstantMobile/Advanced/Content/MAC%20+%20802.1X%20Authentication.htm

• 5.  RE: Mac auth with Aruba IAP 225!

Posted Feb 05, 2016 08:21 AM

Is there a limit to how many devices can be added with MAC authentication? Because I know there is a 128 limit to manually blacklisting.