Wireless Access

MVP

Master-Backup - Unable to add localip

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help with the following. We have an Master - Master Backup deployment with a local controller which points to the VRRP address on the Master controllers.

However in the event of a failover to the back master, I don’t think the local controller will be able to connect to the backup-master since this parameter is not in there.

Basically don’t seem to have the option to add a localip to the backup-master.  Not sure if that is expected behaviour. ?

Current version is Aruba OS 6.4.2.5

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Guru Elite

Re: Master-Backup - Unable to add localip

The localip parameter on the master or the local?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Hey on the backup master. Thanks

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Guru Elite

Do you have a screenshot of that?   On every master controller, you should be able to configure the localip for each local controller that would connect:

(host) (config) #localip 0.0.0.0 ipsec gw1234xyz

On every local controller, you should be able to configure the master controller that the local controller would connect to:

(host) (config) #masterip 10.1.1.250 ipsec gw1234567

Are you saying that the localip command is not available on the backup master?  It should be...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: