Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Master-Master Standby urgent help?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Master-Master Standby urgent help?

Posted Jun 21, 2014 12:53 PM

Dears after doing the following configs

The following is a configuration example for the “initially-preferred master”. 

vrrp 22

vlan 22

ip address 10.200.22.254

priority 110

preempt

authentication password

description Preferred-Master

tracking master-up-time 30 add 20

no shutdown

The following configuration is the corresponding VRRP configuration for the peer controller.

vrrp 22

vlan 22

ip address 10.200.22.254

priority 100

preempt

authentication password

description Backup-Master

tracking master-up-time 30 add 20

no shutdown

should I typ the following commands on both controllers or on aactive master only :

master-redundancy

master-vrrp 22

peer-ip-address <ipaddr> ipsec <key>

masterip <ipaddr> ipsec <key>

kindly replay ASAP as I need help

• 2.  RE: Master-Master Standby urgent help?

Posted Jun 21, 2014 01:05 PM

Kindly inform me what is right

• 3.  RE: Master-Master Standby urgent help?

Posted Jun 21, 2014 03:10 PM

help guys

• 4.  RE: Master-Master Standby urgent help?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2014 06:30 PM

I can't say off the top of my head, but the user guide, and the controllers VRD has exactly the instructions what you need to do.

• 5.  RE: Master-Master Standby urgent help?

Posted Jun 22, 2014 12:20 PM

i dont want to sound unkind but this is not your 24/7 helpdesk. you ask so many questions of which many can be looked up quite easily and now you start getting pushy when no one answers.

why dont you just try? do you have a partner that can help you out? or just contact support, they are there to help out.

• 6.  RE: Master-Master Standby urgent help?

Posted Jun 22, 2014 04:28 PM

I thought we are here to learn but I really don't like what you have said so you would better remain silent better than writing such a thing and I don't have a partner I lern with my self

• 7.  RE: Master-Master Standby urgent help?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2014 09:14 PM

ADAMS, everyone here IS indeed helpful, however, much of what you are asking for is detailed in the user guides, command line reference guides, and VRDs. Links are 

support.arubanetworks.com >> Documentation

http://www.arubanetworks.com/resources/reference-design-guides/

You have had quite a lot of queries to the boards here, and many are laid out very plainly in the user guides. The boards, while here to help, are not the go-to source for every bump in the road. The old addage to read the manual before coming here is encouraged. Constantly hitting the boards and then getting impatient or testy when people don't answer you within a handful of hours will result in you not getting ANY responses ever.

Specific to your question, the CLI guides have ALL the commands needed, the user guides have CLI examples of a network confgiuration for master/master-backup.

Good luck