Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Master Push to Local Controllers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Master Push to Local Controllers

Posted Apr 12, 2013 01:10 PM

It appears that configuration settings are not being pushed from our master controller to the local controllers.  The settings on the local controllers are "grayed out" (e.g. I cannot click add a new AAA profile on a local controller) which leads me to believe that the local controllers are looking to the master for these settings. When I do a "show switches" on the master all of the locals show status as "up" and configuration state as "UPDATE SUCCESSFUL".  But when I make a new AAA profile on the master it does not show up on the locals.  Should these configuration changes show up automatically on the local controllers and if not is there a command that I need to run to synch them?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Master Push to Local Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2013 01:19 PM

If you click on "save configuration" or do a "write mem" on the master, those settings will be pushed.  Just changing them on the master does not push the configuration.

• 3.  RE: Master Push to Local Controllers

Posted Apr 12, 2013 01:44 PM

Awesome!  Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Master Push to Local Controllers
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2013 01:27 PM
    Try the show switches command from the master and make sure the config sequence number matches between the 2 and also that the local controller shows up there