Wireless Access

New Contributor

Master Push to Local Controllers

It appears that configuration settings are not being pushed from our master controller to the local controllers.  The settings on the local controllers are "grayed out" (e.g. I cannot click add a new AAA profile on a local controller) which leads me to believe that the local controllers are looking to the master for these settings. When I do a "show switches" on the master all of the locals show status as "up" and configuration state as "UPDATE SUCCESSFUL".  But when I make a new AAA profile on the master it does not show up on the locals.  Should these configuration changes show up automatically on the local controllers and if not is there a command that I need to run to synch them?  Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Master Push to Local Controllers

If you click on "save configuration" or do a "write mem" on the master, those settings will be pushed.  Just changing them on the master does not push the configuration.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Try the show switches command from the master and make sure the config sequence number matches between the 2 and also that the local controller shows up there
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

Awesome!  Thank you!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: