Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Master Redundancy virtual ip question with local controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Master Redundancy virtual ip question with local controller

Posted Apr 12, 2016 12:08 AM

Hello

If i configure 2 pair of master with vrrp acive and stand by 

And i got many local controllers on other countries. when you configuring the master local relationship do i point to the virtual IP of the master pair on the config of the local controller??

Also when  i got a controller on the DMZ(a local one)  and i want to use a vlan that exist in that controller to send the traffic out through that vlan that exist in that controller and i have to create GRE tunnels between controllers i guess you would build a GRE tunnel from each local controller to that DMZ local controller right?

Now  what would happen with the master controller which has VRRP?, to build up that GRE tunnel from that VRRP  master/stanby do i point it to the VRRP IP address from the local? 

This last part will be used only if for one reason  one local controller fails and the MASTER has to act as a backup of that local controller, those APS will then terminate their tunnel in the local controller instead of the failed local controller.

I ask this because i remenber i once were configuring a raidus server and i though i needed to configure the client of the radius server with the virtual ip of the controllers but no that didnt work, i had to point to each controller separately... i dont know if for some reason this would work the same with both of my questions or i would need to point it to the virtual IP address.

Hope my question is understandable :/ sometimes my bad english make miss my question.

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Master Redundancy virtual ip question with local controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2016 06:04 AM

@NightShade1 wrote:

Hello

If i configure 2 pair of master with vrrp acive and stand by 

And i got many local controllers on other countries. when you configuring the master local relationship do i point to the virtual IP of the master pair on the config of the local controller??

YES

Also when  i got a controller on the DMZ(a local one)  and i want to use a vlan that exist in that controller to send the traffic out through that vlan that exist in that controller and i have to create GRE tunnels between controllers i guess you would build a GRE tunnel from each local controller to that DMZ local controller right?  - YES

Now  what would happen with the master controller which has VRRP?, to build up that GRE tunnel from that VRRP  master/stanby do i point it to the VRRP IP address from the local? 

This last part will be used only if for one reason  one local controller fails and the MASTER has to act as a backup of that local controller, those APS will then terminate their tunnel in the local controller instead of the failed local controller.  I would have to see a picture of your topology to answer that..

I ask this because i remenber i once were configuring a raidus server and i though i needed to configure the client of the radius server with the virtual ip of the controllers but no that didnt work, i had to point to each controller separately... i dont know if for some reason this would work the same with both of my questions or i would need to point it to the virtual IP address.

Hope my question is understandable :/ sometimes my bad english make miss my question.

Your English is better than mine.  I need to improve my Spanish.

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Master Redundancy virtual ip question with local controller

Posted Apr 12, 2016 11:59 AM

Thank you Collin!

Cheers

Carlos