Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Master failure in master-local setup

Hi,

i'm verifying what solutions are available when for example, in a master - local setup, happens if the master dies?

Suppose the master - local setup has centralized licenses.

Could not really find a doc explaining what needs to happen in such a setup to repair the config...  I believe :

1. replace controller

2. stage new controller with basic ip connectivity

3. access controller via http, up- or downgrade arubaos software version

4. import and restore flash backup

5. reboot new controller

Would this be sufficiant?  Or do i still need to do something regarding the licenses?

Guru Elite

Re: Master failure in master-local setup

Are you using the local to back up the master or for additional capacity?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

It's not a master-master setup if you mean this.  The local is not really meant for 'additional' capacity.  In practice it hosts all our ap's.  That way a device can roam between different ap's without the need to implement something special.  The master is in that case a failover controller.  

Guru Elite

If the local is only to backup the full capacity of the master, you should configure master redundancy and make the local a backup master instead.  If anything happens to the master in that configuration, the backup master will become the master and will also become the centralized licensing master.

You would have a VRRP between controllers, the master would terminate all APs and handle centralized licensing.  If it fails, the backup master would take over all functions seamlessly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: