Wireless Access

Contributor I

Master to local migration

Our previous engineer setup all our controllers (15) different locations as master controllers. We are looking to setup a pair of master controllers in our DC that won't terminate AP's but configure all our locals when we convert them from master to locals. Is there a proper method or checklist for doing this?

I know syncing a local to a new master will overwrite configs such as ap-groups for example if they aren't present on the new master.

Guru Elite

Re: Master to local migration

It is difficult to merge individual configurations into a single global config. You might need a consultant to do that.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

well majority of the configs are standard other than L2/L3 configs and AP groups. Just not sure of any gotchas we might not know about when converting and syncing to a new master.
Guru Elite

You should do one controller and see how it works out. There are no specific gotchas...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: