Wireless Access

Contributor I

Master to local migration

Our previous engineer setup all our controllers (15) different locations as master controllers. We are looking to setup a pair of master controllers in our DC that won't terminate AP's but configure all our locals when we convert them from master to locals. Is there a proper method or checklist for doing this?

I know syncing a local to a new master will overwrite configs such as ap-groups for example if they aren't present on the new master.

Guru Elite

Re: Master to local migration

It is difficult to merge individual configurations into a single global config. You might need a consultant to do that.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Contributor I

well majority of the configs are standard other than L2/L3 configs and AP groups. Just not sure of any gotchas we might not know about when converting and syncing to a new master.
Guru Elite

You should do one controller and see how it works out. There are no specific gotchas...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: