Wireless Access

MVP

Max users on controllers

Hello

i was looking at datasheets and i was looking something interesting.

On a 650 max users it says its 512? at least on the datasheet because here it says  256 http://www.arubanetworks.com/?product=aruba-600-controller-series

Would be nice to know which is the correct one...

Anywas besides that, what does that mean?

Does it mean that if i got 16 APS, even if i got 16 APS i wont be able to have more than  34 users per AP if i use them all at the same time?

Let say that in this case i would need to change the controller to allocate more wireless users not because of the AP saturation, it would be that it hit the limit on the users that a controller can handle simultaiusly ?

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: Max users on controllers

NightShade1 wrote:

Hello

i was looking at datasheets and i was looking something interesting.

On a 650 max users it says its 512? at least on the datasheet because here it says  256 http://www.arubanetworks.com/?product=aruba-600-controller-series

Would be nice to know which is the correct one...

Anywas besides that, what does that mean?

Does it mean that if i got 16 APS, even if i got 16 APS i wont be able to have more than  34 users per AP if i use them all at the same time?

Let say that in this case i would need to change the controller to allocate more wireless users not because of the AP saturation, it would be that it hit the limit on the users that a controller can handle simultaiusly ?

Cheers

Carlos

We will get someone to check the number, but that number is the platform limit.  No more users than the platform limit can enter the user table.  User 257 or 513 will be blocked from entering and there will be an error message.  That is combined, wired and wireless users.  Let us get someone to check to see which number it actually is...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

512 is the correct number for the 650.  Let me see if we can get the website corrected.  Thanks for the catch.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

I was wrong. The website is correct. 256 users for both. The data sheet needs to be corrected.

Colin Joseph

MVP

Really Collin???

Uh oh...

There is one of my clients which last time i visit him they had around 200 users connected to their WLAN, and they got a 650... they are reaching their limit of users :(

I need to advice them

Please guys correct this.. i got a lot of old datasheets which sasy that it supports 512 users. also on the Matrix it says its 512!

Thanks Collin!!!

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: