09-11-2014 11:23 AM
I have a point to point link via a 3800 controller and two AP-175's with directional pad attenas
Link quality is 32
Tx/Rx is only showing 65/65
Pings from the LAN out to the far side of the point are spotty at best with several timeouts.
I don't believe the antennas are out of alignment as link quality is still good at 32.
I have rebooted both portal and point AP's but problem remains.
Anything else I should try?
09-11-2014 12:17 PM - edited 09-11-2014 12:18 PM
Here are some troubleshooting steps for Point-to-Point Network
During the configuration or staging of a mesh network it is possible that you could have some
issues with forming mesh links between the nodes or other setup issues. Some of the common
reasons for this include:
- Configuring a different Mesh-ID on the two nodes.
- Mismatch in the mesh security configured on the two nodes.
- Radio on either of the nodes is down
- Auto WDS is disabled on a radio.
In the attached document, you can try some of troubleshooting procedure to figure out the
reason for the downed link and fix it.
- Checking active links on each node.
- Verifying mesh configuration on each node.
- Getting device list within same Mesh-ID
- Getting radio status of each radio on each node
- Getting neighbor nodes
- Help to align antenna in real deployment
Vlad Tsapko | Solution Delivery Advisor
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
09-11-2014 12:51 PM
Use 5 Ghz for backhaul
Ensure power is set to max for backhaul.
Ensure there's no co-channel interference causing poor link speed. I've had that happen where the channel was busy 90% of the time and the mesh link wouldn't come up because of that.