Ruckus

50mbps

150 feet

Idle 4W

Peak 10W

$300 approx

Ayr Mesh Hub

WiFi N signals

3 miles apart hubs and coverage 7.5 miles in each direction (LOS)

Hubs need to be powered.

$374.95

Can anyone verify the details mentioned. Want to do a project on Mesh Network in rural areas. Want to select the best one.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Mesh Routers Tech

You should contact your local Aruba Sales Team.  You should not be picking a mesh vendor from a chart.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

I just want to verify the stats I mentioned. I collected them from various blogs. 

Guru Elite

Is there a column for reliability?  That would interest me the most.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

The chart is wrong and off on so many levels, Aruba being 10Mbps @ 5 miles is not right (we are faster than that at 5mi AND we have a range of thorughputs depending on distance), and leaving out the range of distances and citing 50Mbps on Ruckus at 150ft (which is ALSO not correct as they are much faster than that at that distance)...the chart is just not viable for any kind of foundation to make a descision on.

Additionally, some of those are the technologies listed there and others are specific vendors that use the same technologies. Trying to equate them in a single chart ignores their intended use cases and why they exist. LORA is a completely different animal than WiFi or even Zigbee. This chart shows incorrect pricing in some cases, and incalculable price ranges in others. 

The best approach is to break down wireless technologies and protocols based first on use case (industrial IoT, WiFi briding, client access, automation, etc) and THEN within each technology analyze the vendors and their capabilities completely. 

Also Colin is correct, note Aruba is the ONLY vendor that carries limited lifetime warranty on our outdoor products.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: