Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh Using AP 70

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mesh Using AP 70

Posted Nov 22, 2011 07:03 PM

I will create a mesh link using a pair of AP 70s but I can see that AP 70 has 2 radios and in both of them you can connect an external antenna on a and b/g band. So what I want to configure is mesh in one radio using the a band to create the link and the other radio to propagate B/G band. So what I would like to know is which of the radios is the one that is used in order to create the mesh link, so in this one I will connect the gain antenna on band a??.

Thanks  

• 2.  RE: Mesh Using AP 70

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 07:14 PM

The "Mesh Cluster Profile" has an RF parameter that determines if mesh will occur on the "a" or "g" band.  Please consult the documentation on support.arubanetworks.com for ArubaOS and inspect the Mesh chapter for detailed configuration steps.

The AP70 has 4 connectors:  two dedicated to the "a" antennas that you could use and two for the "g" antennas.  When you provision the access point under Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation, you can configure the AP to use the external antennas, as well as the dB for each antenna.  You cannot use one radio for internal and one as external:  They both have to be the same.

• 3.  RE: Mesh Using AP 70

Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:20 PM
    Thanks Joseph now it's clear, just another questions is it a must to have both antennas for each band or it can just work with one???

• 4.  RE: Mesh Using AP 70

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:22 PM

Having a single antenna for each band will significantly decrease your performance, especially in a mesh deployment.  It is not necessary to have two, but the performance will be worth having both antennas.

• 5.  RE: Mesh Using AP 70

Posted Dec 20, 2011 11:15 AM

Folks, FYI. I will be moving this thread under Aruba Products board shortly.