Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MeshOs 4.3.0.1 and Iphone 4 Ios5.x

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  MeshOs 4.3.0.1 and Iphone 4 Ios5.x

Posted Nov 25, 2011 09:22 AM

Hi,

i just open a ticket to support but i don't know how much this issue depend on aruba product.

We have a mesh infrastructure at 5 ghz and bssid a 2.4ghz that create a large hotspot area (11 msr product).

we had some feedback from the users about issue with iphone device, after some statistica research on recived calls we found that iphone with old os didn't have any issues (pre 5.x), iphone with last version see the ssid but cannot connect to it (or sometimes but for 5-6 minutes that they're kick off from ssid).

i read some post on apple site and i see that ios is not compatible with n networks if wmm is not enabled but we have wmm enabled on hour bssid from the start.

so this post is to ask if someone else notice that and maybe to restrict the ios version giving this issue.

• 2.  RE: MeshOs 4.3.0.1 and Iphone 4 Ios5.x

Posted Nov 29, 2011 10:55 PM

Do you have an ACL on the network stopping them from talking to apple.com? I have seen that when you block apple from the idevices that the little wireless icon will go away when they try to report back to the mother ship over TCP:5223. Allowing 5223 has fixed it for me at a couple of customers.

Jenga

• 3.  RE: MeshOs 4.3.0.1 and Iphone 4 Ios5.x

Posted Dec 06, 2011 12:24 PM

so i've to make an acl that permity apple.com:5223 ?

i see that is for notifications

"if you are still unable to receive notifications and you are using a Wi-Fi connection, verify that the network or firewall is not blocking access to port 5223."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3576

and in detail is for mobileme service

5223TCPXMPP over SSL, Apple Push Notification Service--MobileMe (Automatic sync notifications) (see note 9), APNs, FaceTime, Game Center

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629

• 4.  RE: MeshOs 4.3.0.1 and Iphone 4 Ios5.x