Wireless Access

Microsoft Lync SDN API and bridge mode ssids

With Lync SDN API enabled, does this prioritisation of the Lync traffic happen with clients on a bridge-mode ssid, or do I need to use the old 'classify-media' option?

On that note, for bridged ssids, is WMM and classify-media supported?  I don't see those things specifically listed in here

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com

Re: Microsoft Lync SDN API and bridge mode ssids

I would think that WMM should work in bridge mode since this is done at the AP/wireless level but Lync prioritization probably not.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

The Lync API will not work in bridge mode as we are not receiving the traffic to do deep packet inspection at the controller.  If bridge mode is a requirement, consider using Instant instead.  That product will do Lync API

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos

ok, but I thought the point of the Lync API was that it could identify the Lync traffic without having to do the deep packet inspection.

So what I have at the moment is that for the tunneled ssids, it will use the Lync API, but the for the bridged ssids, it will need to use the pre-6.3 version with the deep-packet inspection.  I assume this is possible on the AP level?

As for the Instants, I see nowhere in there to see the Lync listening port like on the controllers.  In any case, this is for an existing Campus deployment that is being redesigned.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: