Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Microsoft Lync with Aruba - QOS DSCP settings

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Microsoft Lync with Aruba - QOS DSCP settings

Posted Jul 03, 2012 06:45 AM

Hi

I've followed the Aruba guide to configure WMM for Aruba for my SSID and have set the following DSCP values :

Voice - 46

Video - 34

BE - 12

Background - 8

However when I install my sniffer onto our switch and span a port connected to an AP-105 with this SSID, I am seeing mostly correct DSCP values but also see 0 and 40.

Can anyone shed any light where these are coming from?

Also, if I install a user role firewall policy to set the DSCP of certain applications to certain values, does this fw policy get pushed to the AP and actioned there or is it actioned at the controller?

Thanks

Richard

• 2.  RE: Microsoft Lync with Aruba - QOS DSCP settings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2012 05:35 AM

@rickyrick wrote:

Hi

I've followed the Aruba guide to configure WMM for Aruba for my SSID and have set the following DSCP values :

Voice - 46

Video - 34

BE - 12

Background - 8

However when I install my sniffer onto our switch and span a port connected to an AP-105 with this SSID, I am seeing mostly correct DSCP values but also see 0 and 40.

Can anyone shed any light where these are coming from?

Also, if I install a user role firewall policy to set the DSCP of certain applications to certain values, does this fw policy get pushed to the AP and actioned there or is it actioned at the controller?

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

If you want to setup Aruba with Microsoft Lync, please consult the document here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/solutions/SG_DeployMicrosoftLync.pdf for detailed information.  Basically it requires ArubaOS 6.1 and above and uses the "Classify Media" parameter in the ACL to classify and prioritize encrypted Video and Voice traffic.

If you are tunneling traffic, the fw policy gets enforced at the controller.  If you are bridging traffic, it is enforced at the AP, in general.

If you are seeing incorrect DSCP traffic values, it would be worth it to open a case to see the details of your configuration and applications.

• 3.  RE: Microsoft Lync with Aruba - QOS DSCP settings

Posted Sep 17, 2012 10:52 AM

Great document Collin thanks for sharing!