Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

Posted Apr 08, 2013 02:27 PM

I am trying to build 1 of my IAP's to be able to change to manage mode as an example for my other locations. In the training they said to verify that the config that is on that AP, matches your default template before you go to manage mode. The issue I am having is that the allow-new-aps was part of the template that was pulled in from the AP but it is mismatched and I can't seem to resolve the mismatch. I do not want to upload this while it is mismatched. What should I do from here?

• 2.  RE: Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

Posted Apr 08, 2013 03:55 PM

You can edit the template to take the offeding line out.

Or you can upload it and the template will be applied to the live iAP.

Either way you'll resolve the mismatch -- go with the one which matches your plan for the AP ;)

• 3.  RE: Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

Posted Apr 08, 2013 04:31 PM

I think I will take it out. What does that like mean in technical terms? Is that just the AP's that have associated to the VC over time?

• 4.  RE: Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2013 05:56 PM

When working with mismatches, the first thing to understand is the concept between desired and actual.

Actual is the value on the device currently (in-production).

Desired is what you tell the AMP via template or GUI config.

If you remove the line from the template, and then push the template from AMP to the VC, then the offending line will neither be actual or desired.

Summary of mismatches:

If a line exists on the AP that is not there in the template, then you'd see an 'Actual' line when you view the mismatch.

If a line doesn't exist, but does in the template, then you'd see a 'Desired' line when you view the mismatch.

If a line exists, but differs from the template, then you'd see 'Actual' and 'Desired' lines when you view the mismatch.

If you see a mismatch, but can't find it by searching the page for 'actual' or 'desired', then you've got a defect which you should open a TAC case for.

• 5.  RE: Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

Posted Apr 08, 2013 07:31 PM

Is there a document somewhere that tells me what each line of the config means?

• 6.  RE: Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2013 08:12 PM

There's no documentation on a per-line config (this would be a feature request to make through the Ideas Portal).  Much of the work done for Instant in AirWave has been focused on the Instant GUI Config (this should mirror the Instant's own config very closely).  If you are having troubles with the templates, reach out to your SE or open a support case and they can help you further.

• 7.  RE: Mismatched IAP-VC in Aiwwave template

Posted Apr 09, 2013 02:27 PM

The "allow new aps" line specifically means that you're allowing the VC to accept new iAPs into the swarm.

If you want to be able to add new iAPs with little or no effort in the future, you'll want this line in template and config.

If you want to make it harder for a Bad-Guy to extend your network, take it out (of template and config)