Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Missing Authenticated Role without PEF License

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Missing Authenticated Role without PEF License

Posted Aug 23, 2013 03:53 AM

I have a short Question: I have seen that on actual Release no default Role is implemented on the controller that allow all Traffic, if i  do not have a PEF License. In past there was a authenticated default Role.

If this is the Case the Controller is not useable without PEF License. Because it is not possible to get a Role that allow Traffic. Is that correct or is there any configuration I doesn’t know?

• 2.  RE: Missing Authenticated Role without PEF License

Posted Aug 23, 2013 04:48 AM

Without the PEF-NG License, you will not be able to set up Roles and ACL.

You will be able to allow traffic through, but you will not be able to set any rules what is allowed through and what is not.

You most probably need the PEF-NG licence in my opinion..

The roles are one of the things that makes the Aruba equipment so powerfull :)

• 3.  RE: Missing Authenticated Role without PEF License

Posted Aug 23, 2013 05:02 AM

That i could not change the Rules without the License is clear. But i miss the authenticated role, that i could use as default Role or After Authentication. So how is it possible to allow Traffic? The Rules that i found have all no Policies applied...

• 4.  RE: Missing Authenticated Role without PEF License
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2013 05:27 AM

Thare are no Default roles applied without PEF-NG. Without the PEF-NG licence, the Firewall capability is not active.

This means that all traffic will be allowed through. No Policies will be applied other than an implicit "allow-all"

• 5.  RE: Missing Authenticated Role without PEF License
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2013 04:51 AM

Hello, i have tested it and the missing authenticated Role is not necessary. The Wlan Clients are in the initial Role logon and in this nothing is denied.

Best Regards