Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobile SSID is not getting an IP

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Mobile SSID is not getting an IP

Posted Feb 26, 2018 09:28 AM

Good evevning ,
    We have a ssid called Mobile Devices , previously it was working without any issue . But now users are reported that they cant access the internet .As investigated users are able to connect but instead of 17.16.X.X ip they have got 0.0.0.0 . I hope 172.16 .X.X is the default IP and it will be assiged by VC (Virtual controller) . Can any one please help me on this ?
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Mobile SSID is not getting an IP

MVP
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 11:07 AM

If you want the Virtual Controller to give out IPs and NAT traffic ->

Under the VLAN settings of the network, make sure it's set to "Virtual Controller Assigned" if you want the VC to hand out IP addresses. Then go to top right options, click More and go to DHCP Server. Under the default (I think top section) make sure you have the proper network range and information you want to assign. The virtual controller than becomes the gateway for all clients and effectively NATs traffic.

• 3.  RE: Mobile SSID is not getting an IP

Posted Apr 02, 2018 07:56 AM

Hi,

In my setup , IP address has been allocated by VC for the mobile SSID .
    The problem is , usually 172.31.x.x ip will be assigned to the device .But now its showing as 0.0.0.0 in device end instead of 172.31.x.x . This issue will be fixed after rebooting the AP / VC .
     Can any one tell me , why this issue happennig and how can we fix this issue .

Thank  you
    Jarvis

• 4.  RE: Mobile SSID is not getting an IP

MVP
    Posted Apr 02, 2018 09:33 AM

What version of IAP are you running?

How many devices do you have connecting to that SSID? What size is the subnet? Could it be running out of leases?

If a device is getting 0.0.0.0 that sounds like it just didn't get an IP address yet. You should try running wireshark on a device and connect it to the mobile SSID and watch the DHCP packets, see if your getting an offer from the VC and if your device accepts it.