Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Controller sending BPDU when STP disabled

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mobility Controller sending BPDU when STP disabled

Posted Dec 09, 2016 07:35 PM
    Hi,
    We just connected an Aruba 7210 Controller running latest 6.4 code to a Cisco nexus switch which is trucked over a port channel.

What we are seeing from the Cisco switch is the port channel is in an error disabled state caused by BPDU guard configured on the Cisco switch. STP was already disabled on the controller prior to connecting into the network.

It seems like the controller is sending BPDUs when STP is disabled on the controller which means the Cisco switch ports are disabled therefore we don't have access to the switch over IP.

Can anyone help please?

• 2.  RE: Mobility Controller sending BPDU when STP disabled

Posted Dec 11, 2016 04:02 PM
    Hi, do you have other STP enabled network devices conected to your 7210 WLC? Why you dont disable BPDU-protection on WLC neighbor ports on Cisco Nexus switch. In some cases congiguration of BPDU filter on this ports is needed.

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Mobility Controller sending BPDU when STP disabled

Posted Jun 15, 2017 11:01 AM

did they fix this?  I think I am seeing the same problem

• 4.  RE: Mobility Controller sending BPDU when STP disabled
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 15, 2017 05:57 PM

Hi, my issue was that the customer patched in another cable to the switch therefore blocking the management interface I was trying to get to. I disabled all unused ports to prevent any loops from forming.