Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Manager/Mobility Controller Redundancy on Separate Subnets with 1 License

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mobility Manager/Mobility Controller Redundancy on Separate Subnets with 1 License

Posted May 02, 2017 12:15 PM

Hi, I'm wondering if I could do the following:

We have 1 license for a mobility manager and 1 for a mobility controller. We want to put one controller and manager at one DC and another MM and VMC at another. They are both VM's and we have 1 license for each as stated above. I was wondering if I could spin up a MM and VMC at each location...with one active with the one license. Then when a failover event occurs, the MM and VMC at our other DC takes over the licenses and functionality? Is this possible? If so, would the standby/passive MM and VMC be able to have configs replicated to them automatically? Is there any documentation you can point me to, to help me configure/understand how to set this up if it's possible?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Mobility Manager/Mobility Controller Redundancy on Separate Subnets with 1 License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2017 11:15 PM

You would need L2 between the two DCs so taht the two MMs could do VRRP.