Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Mobility Master VM and Hyper-V installation problem

Have anyone had similar problem?

When I try to run Mobility Master on of Hyper-V cluster host .ISO file is loaded but halted after few seconds and error appears saying

Error: Unsupported CPU (Intel CPU with ssse3 instruction set support required))

Aruba Employee

Re: Mobility Master VM and Hyper-V installation problem

As I understand it, the VMM is only supported on ESX or KVM, currently.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Super Contributor I

I installed MM to Hyper-V using ArubaOS_MM_8.2.1.0_64044.iso successfully.  Make sure you configure at minimum 3G memory, 2 VHDs and 3 NICs for VM.  You may need to change some settings in Bios to support hyper-V.

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Occasional Contributor II

Client HyperV Cluster use Compatibility Mode by default, which allow to migrate VM to other clusters hosts with diffrent CPU host.

Compatibility mode can be disabled on VM.

Compatibility mode limits CPU instruction set and Mobility master is throwing error about instruction set limits.

Now question is when this issue will be fixed with mobility master?

Because now client won't be able to use VM migration to another cluster host, if it use server with diffrent CPU

I thought I had replied to this but maybe it was a different thread.

All Aruba VMs require support for this instruction set among many others (Intel VT or AMD SSE3, whatever each chip vendor calls their virtualization acceleration, etc). If you have machines part of a vSphere or HyperV cluster that don't support that, those machines will have to be excluded from the cluster, or somehow prevented from hosting the VMC or VMM. 

This is not something you can work around unfortunately, but SSE3 instructions (if that is your only deficiency) has been around for a LONG time so if a machine in the cluster is not support it, it's likely very old *OR* it's disabled in the motherboard and you can look at enabling it. 

Also starting in AOS 8.3, ArubaOS VMM and VMC will be supported on HyperV.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: