Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment

Posted May 18, 2015 01:43 AM

Hi,

Currently i have 10 105 APs and they are managing through Virtual controller.And layer 3 switch are using for intervaln routing.

We are planning to deploy Mobility controller.Please help me out how i deploy Mobiliity controller as layer 2 device.But i don't want to change my current  design.Right now all ports from switch to IAPS are trunks,and all VLANS are configured on layer 3 switch.

• 2.  RE: Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment

Posted May 19, 2015 10:47 AM

HI,

Please get me more clarity on this. You want to deploy Controller in the place of existing L3 Switch ? or you want to deploy Controller fro an other wireless deployment ?

Please clarify the above ,I can help you on this.

• 3.  RE: Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2015 12:21 PM

You would simply define and trunk all of your VLANs to the controller and recreate the necessary configuration.

• 4.  RE: Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment

Posted May 19, 2015 11:28 PM

Hi,

I need to know the port where i connect controller it should be access port (part of managmenet VLAN) or trunk??

• 5.  RE: Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2015 11:30 PM
    If there are multiple VLANs, then it needs to be a trunk.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 6.  RE: Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment

Posted May 19, 2015 11:33 PM

Hi,

yeah current  i have Multiple SSIDs on virtual controller and all are the part of different VLAN.

• 7.  RE: Mobility controller layer 2 deloyment
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2015 05:38 AM

Hi,

as per my understanding, you are trying to uplink the controller to a switch which will forward the client traffic . when you have configured different VLANs for each VAP ( Virtual AP ) you need to configure the uplink port ( Port which is connected to L3 Switch) as Trunk and you need to allow VLANs as per the requirement.

Configuration is similar to Cisco switches,

interface Fa/Gi <port id >

Switchport mode Trunk

Switchport trunk allowed vlan < list of VLANs>

switchport trunk native vlan < VLAN>

To verify use , show trunk