Wireless Access

New Contributor

Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

Hi everyone, 

We have a client that have a deployment with several IAP 205 in a warehouse. He has some motorola scanners PDT that are configured to connecto to the SSID of this IAP. When for any reason he has to reboot the scanners, after they come online, they lose the WIFI Profile. They actually come online with an old configured WIFI Profile he had before installing the IAPs. 

The client keeps saying the issue is with the IAPs but I keep trying to explain him that seems like an issue of the scanner. I was wondering if anyone had encounter this issue before when working with scanners?

Regards

Guru Elite

Re: Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

I am not sure that the wifi can force a device to lose a profile.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I'm sure it cant, however the client says he tested with another AP and using a different SSID and after rebooting the scanners, it didnt lose the wifi profile.

Guru Elite

Yes, but that would be the scanner's problem....:(

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

We use Motorola bar-code scanners and manage them centrally - the management suite tracks the "correct" configuration of our client devices by their IP address - perhaps the different AP drops them into a different VLAN and they don't get overwritten with "corrected" configurations?  Maybe they could look at the management suite.

I'm in agreement that it's a client-side thing.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: