Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Moving building in Visual RF

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Moving building in Visual RF

Posted Sep 16, 2014 02:18 PM

I am running Airwave 8.0.4. How does one move buildings from on campus to another in Visual RF? The old method I would use no longer works in this new version.

• 2.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2014 10:41 AM

This is another feature that missed the release deadline.  The workaround for now is to toggle back to Flash, make the change, then toggle back to HTML5.

• 3.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

Posted May 05, 2015 03:30 PM

Did they get this feature added in 8.0.7.1?

• 4.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2015 03:44 PM

It did not make it into 8.0.  We're looking at it for possibly 8.2.

Workaround is to use the flash version to move buildings.  Instead of doing so from VRF setup, you can cheat by just changing the URL:

https://<AMP NAME>.com/vrf ==> https://<AMP NAME>.com/site_list

This lets you use the flash version on the fly to make a few changes that will be reflected upon refresh in the HTML5 side.

• 5.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

Posted Oct 25, 2019 08:59 AM

Any update to this?  I'm runing 8.2.6.1 and can't move the building.  Any new buildings I add its placed on top left hand corner.

I installed Flash but AirWAVE still say I don't have it installed.  This is tested on multiple browsers.  Restarted browser etc after installing Flash Player.

• 6.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

Posted Oct 25, 2019 09:21 AM

Internet Explorer (flash loads)  just spins away for ever.

• 7.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 09:53 AM

8.2.6.1 is several releases behind, any particular reason for being 8 releases behind?  I did check against the current 8.2.10.0 and moving buildings works from the HTML5 side without having to use the above workaround.

When you navigate to the Campus view that shows all the buildings, you can select the building, the right side menu will have Properties -> Campus dropdown where you can change the Campus level a building is in.

• 8.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

Posted Oct 25, 2019 09:57 AM

Thanks for responding and quickly.

No reason to be x version behind.  Just have not had a need to update.

One more reason to update AW.

Regarding the level view, I'm not having an issue with that.  I just need to move a newly added building to its proper place on the background map.

• 9.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Double check if the lock icon is present (to the right of the VRF search tool).  Make sure it's unlocked and that should allow you to re-position icons on the Network/Campus/Floor Plan layers.

• 10.  RE: Moving building in Visual RF

Posted Oct 25, 2019 11:44 AM

Ah ha!

The lock is what stopped me from moving items... face palm.

Thank you!   I was sure I toggle that once before but obviously did not test it fully.

I can move items on the map now. Thank you for that solution.