Wireless Access

New Contributor

Moving from Aruba Controller 3200 to IAP-205's - Separate SSID - VLAN question:

Our Old configuration was a Guest SSID configured  and a Internal SSID all coming back to a Aruba 3200 controller.   The controller was configured to all me to split the 2 networks.   Once was attached directly into our Internal network from port 1 of the 3200,  the other was attached directly to our Public Router where DHCP has handed out for the public SSID's clients.

On the new IAP-205 I see how to set up the 2 sperate SSID's / DHCP's.    I am having a hard time figuring out how I split these 2 networks to 2 seperate VLANs coming back to the L3 switch.    My thought is that on my HP Procurve switch I would connect the access points to a Trunk ( Tagged ) VLAN(s) port.  Then on the switch have the Public VLAN connect to the public router, and the Private VLAN feed back to the internal network. 

I am unable to get the 2 VLANS on the wired side of the I-AP in trunck mode?  

Obviously my thinking is incorrect when moving from a controller to a I-AP Virtual Controller.

Suggestions.

Thank you

MVP

Re: Moving from Aruba Controller 3200 to IAP-205's - Separate SSID - VLAN question:

Where is your AP getting it's IP from? Is that from the internal VLAN or a separate management VLAN?

If internal vlan, you can set the uplink of the IAP as trunked. you might gain some information from this thread: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/trunk-port-IAP/td-p/146796

If management vlan, you'll have to set the switch port as trunk with a native vlan id (mgmt). uplink configuration can remain as-is

New Contributor

Moving from Aruba Controller 3200 to IAP-205's - Separate SSID - VLAN question:

Thank you for the reply,

My I-AP is given its IP address via DHCP on the internal VLAN 14, I currently have the virtual controller IP also set to an IP in the VLAN 14. The Switch is also on the VLAN14 IP range.

The External VLAN in the SSID I would like to set to VLAN1921 and have the traffic handled at the L3 switch.
MVP

Re: Moving from Aruba Controller 3200 to IAP-205's - Separate SSID - VLAN question:

Either use the internal vlan as untagged/pvid on a tagged interface and use default instead of static in the SSID configuration, or tag the uplink of the IAP cluster. 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: