Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Multi-Controller Upgrade , question to flashbackup regarding restore / COTD: How to Upgrade

Hi

according to cjoseph's COTD summarized thread regarding controller upgrades

COTD: How to Upgrade

im stuck in this info regarding downgrade process in case of something's going wrong . 

- Always upgrade the partition opposite from the one the controller booted from. If anything happens and you need to revert, you could just restore the flashbackup, and switch back to the old partition. If you overwrite the partition the controller booted from, you have to look for the old version of code to upload later.

so if master/backup master are running on 6.3.x branch and i want to upgrade to 6.4.x branch:

so my steps would be :

-fetching flashbackup and all db/configs etc from both controllers running 6.3.x 

-upgrade the non-boot partitions both to 6.4.x branch and boot master/backup master at same time.

If now something is going wrong should i restore the 6.3.x-flashbackup (according to the quote above) in running 6.4.x , or first reboot to 6.3.x (other partition) and "then" restore the old 6.3.flashbackup ?

the rest of article is plain straght forward thanks for summarizing this, cjoseph! 

regards

ben

Guru Elite

Re: Multi-Controller Upgrade , question to flashbackup regarding restore / COTD: How to Upgrade

You 

(1) Restore the flashbackup (which should still be on the controller) then....

(2) Boot to the 6.3 partition.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Re: Multi-Controller Upgrade , question to flashbackup regarding restore / COTD: How to Upgrade

Hi

thanks for pointing this out , i just was afraid if something goes wrong when restoring a 6.3.flashbackup onto a running 6.4 partition. but if this the way it goes , then let's go.

just wanted to be failsafe when having to downgrade again if something goes wrong at all.

thanks!

ben

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: