Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Multipe Layer-2 Authentication

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Multipe Layer-2 Authentication

Posted Jun 18, 2013 08:54 AM

One of my cumstomer has very strange requirements, The customer has an SSID name "SMA-Wireless", Now the customer want to apply PSK + MAC based authentication on this same SSID. Is it possible to configure both PSK and mac based authentications on single SSID?  if possible please explain how? as far as i know we can  configure MAC base authentication with Captive portal. but i m not sure if we can configure multiple Layer-2 authentications on same ssid.

• 2.  RE: Multipe Layer-2 Authentication

Posted Jun 18, 2013 09:04 AM

It is possible to accomplish this by configure the aaa inital role to either authenticated or a deny if you want users to only have access  after the pass the mac authentication and the device should be place under the mac auth role

• 3.  RE: Multipe Layer-2 Authentication

Posted Jun 18, 2013 10:14 AM
    Hi cfabian,

Let me explain what i understand

Step 1: Go to AAA profile and assign MAC authentication profile to it. The initial role of the AAA profile would be logon and MAC authentication default role will be authenticated.
    Step 2: Go to SSID profile and and assign PSK to it

• 4.  RE: Multipe Layer-2 Authentication

Posted Jun 18, 2013 03:43 PM

That's correct.

• 5.  RE: Multipe Layer-2 Authentication

Posted Jun 19, 2013 02:51 AM
    Thanks Victor,

I will test the same and will get back to you if there is any issue..