Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple IAP 215 Setup in a cluster group; Need to reset them all or at least just one.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Multiple IAP 215 Setup in a cluster group; Need to reset them all or at least just one.

Posted Feb 23, 2017 01:57 PM

So here is my problem. I just took over as the IT head of my business and we have five IAP 215 setup. They have been installed and on for the past year but they aren't even configured. So they have been wasting space and electricity. My business spend $3000 on them to just sit there. Well the previous IT head set them up as a cluster group thourgh the Aruba instant virtual controller and I dont have access to the username and password. I have constantly been messaging him for access but he never responds and I cant physiccally get to him. Three of the five IAP 215 are mounted 100 feet in the air and I can't get to them without renting an expensive lift... We have one in the main office that I have physical access too but its still clustered to the virtual controller. I was able, through the console, to set it as a "master" instead of a salve but when I try to access it through http it still says wrong username and password (I tried admin, admin; admin, password, admin, forgetme!; password, forgetme!). Also whenever I do a physical reset or console reset the device will grab back onto the cluster... Seriously annyoing! I was wondering if there is a way to console reset all the devices. Or even just help with getting the one to stop grabbing the virtual controller and set back to default username and password.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Multiple IAP 215 Setup in a cluster group; Need to reset them all or at least just one.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2017 02:23 PM

You can try this:

Cut power to all of the APs except one that you can actually reach.  Reset that AP(with the reset button) that you can reach.  Connect to the "Instant" SSID, open the browser and login with admin,admin.  Connect to it and configure it the way you want.  Bring up the power to one the other APs and see if they join the first AP that you configured.

• 3.  RE: Multiple IAP 215 Setup in a cluster group; Need to reset them all or at least just one.

Posted Feb 23, 2017 02:59 PM

That's a super awesome idea! I will give it a shot and repply back with what I find!

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Multiple IAP 215 Setup in a cluster group; Need to reset them all or at least just one.

Posted Feb 27, 2017 11:49 AM

Hey is there anyway to reset the entire cluster through the console commands of just one of them?? I can try reseting them but cutting power (which they are all running POE) I just don't know exactly what cables off the switch go to them and I can't just start pulling plugs. 

• 5.  RE: Multiple IAP 215 Setup in a cluster group; Need to reset them all or at least just one.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 12:05 PM

If your cluster is still up, type "show aps" from the Virtual Controller and it will give you a list of the AP wired mac addresses that correspond to each AP.  You can then user those wired mac addresses to identify them on the switch and shut them down by disabling the interface on the switch.