Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Multiple Subnets: Limit Total Bandwidth and PerUser Bandwidth, possible?

Hello, thank you for your help.  I tried also helping out by trying to read through some of the questions of others trying to answer but I knew none of the answers.  Here's my question:  Our plan is to have one SSID with probably twenty /24 subnets where the controller acts as default gateway and dhcp server.  Is it possible to limit the bandwidth of each user (so 1 user doesn't hog it all) but also limit the bandwidth of, I guess, the role?  I saw in the user roles where to apply a peruser bandwidth contract but it did not seem that I could apply both a peruser and perrole BC.  Or am I just being paranoid and should I only have a per role contract limit?  I just don't want all the guests using up the internet bandwidth which should be priority for employees, thanks!!

Community Administrator

Re: Multiple Subnets: Limit Total Bandwidth and PerUser Bandwidth, possible?

You could just detemine how much bandwidth you are willing to give up and allocate it to (X) role. Then you wont have to worry about the quality for the employees.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Valued Contributor II

Re: Multiple Subnets: Limit Total Bandwidth and PerUser Bandwidth, possible?

Hi Friend,

Yes you can limit the Bandwidth per user. you also can restrict the bandwidth application wise, upstream or downstream.

In your case you can limit the bandwidth per AP-Group and per user.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: