Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiroom audio Chromecast

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Multiroom audio Chromecast

Posted Aug 26, 2016 06:26 PM

I am trying to use "Chromecast audio" devices (the hockeypuck shaped audio only device) to provide music ot an area.  One of the features that is suppose to work is multi-room support allowing streaming to many devices at once.   I was able to get the Chromecasts setup and audio streaming to a single device, however it will not work when you attempt to group the devices.  Any ideas what needs to be configured to have this work?  I don't see alot of documentation on chromecast audio

• 2.  RE: Multiroom audio Chromecast

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 06:29 PM
    Add this id to your Googlecast AirGroup service: "_googlezone._tcp"

• 3.  RE: Multiroom audio Chromecast

Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:54 PM

I tried this but still, no luck.  What should I have to restart before I test? The chromecasts the computer, the controller?   Also where did you find that entry?  is there some website that updates and lists  all the possible services?   Great find!

• 4.  RE: Multiroom audio Chromecast

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:56 PM
    Did you delete the devices from the user-table?

I found the service ID in a packet capture.

• 5.  RE: Multiroom audio Chromecast

Posted Aug 29, 2016 01:39 PM

I had deleted them and still no luck.  The music plays on a single chromecast,  even if you choose a group.  I have tried it from android and iOS. It still could be a  chromecast software thing, but I dont have a great place to test it currently, maybe I will take it home to see if it works properly at home.  Coult there be another air-groups setting I am missing?

Matt