Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED when connecting to my controller

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED when connecting to my controller

Posted Jul 19, 2017 01:49 PM

Hi community,

Have anyone had ever the NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED error when connecting to a controller?

I have always had the NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID warning, which is normal behaviour. With touching nothing now I get the NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED error and I can't access my controller, when 2 minutes ago I could. As said, I didn't touch any configuration on the controller or browser. Please help!

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED when connecting to my controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 01:52 PM

You need to replace the default certificate on the controller. For now, try a different browser to get in or use the CLI.

• 3.  RE: NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED when connecting to my controller

Posted Jul 19, 2017 01:55 PM
    browser dependent.

Try using internet explorer with certificate revocation checks turned off.

What version of aruba controller code are you using?

The default certificate on controllers was revoked and as Aruba has always said, customers should use their own certificates on the controllers.

See this thread
    https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Controllers/ta-p/275809

• 4.  RE: NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED when connecting to my controller

Posted Jul 19, 2017 03:35 PM

Hi,

It is ArubaOS 6.4.4.6. Trying with Firefox or IE with certificate revocation checks turned off worked. The browser that gets me the error was Google Chrome, but it is strange because I have tried in Google Chrome in another laptop and works, and I didn't change anything in my laptop where before I wrote this post Google Chrome didn't get the error.

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED when connecting to my controller

Posted Jul 19, 2017 03:52 PM
    Same version of Chrome?

What you can do is upload self-signed certificate to your controller and it will fix your issue