Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

Posted Sep 12, 2014 03:06 AM

Hello guys,

There is a problem about netbios neighbourhood with one of our clients. They can't see the network neighbours when connected via wireless. I searched in google for the ports of netbios services and wiki says that ports 137,138,139 for UDP and TCP are for netbios. I gave permission them from acl of controller but nothing changed. I also look it up on wireshark. For netbios services it showed different ports so I gave permission to them additionally. I'll be very happy if you could give some ideas about troubleshooting.

• 2.  RE: NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

Posted Sep 12, 2014 07:25 AM

next to specific ports NETBIOS is also depended on broadcast, something that on wireless sometimes is blocked. assuming controller: did you check your virtual AP for the drop multicast / broadcast flag? and in the global firewall config there is no deny inter user traffic enabled?

• 3.  RE: NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

Posted Sep 17, 2014 02:01 AM

I checked from the controller and the box that indicating the broadcast and multicast optimization is unchecked. And there is also no block in the firewall.

• 4.  RE: NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

Posted Sep 17, 2014 03:01 AM

if you run wireshark on any of the systems in that network, do you see broadcasts from other devices?

you don't block any traffic in that network somehow?

• 5.  RE: NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

Posted Sep 29, 2014 04:53 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your answers but I've been assigned for a project that is out of town and couldn't really take care of this problem. When I return, i will check the wireshark side and will send you the outputs if necesarry.

• 6.  RE: NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2014 09:14 AM
    Are all the clients on the same subnet?

• 7.  RE: NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

Posted Sep 17, 2014 01:58 AM

Yes. The clients are in the same vlan.