Wireless Access

Contributor II

NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

Hello guys,

There is a problem about netbios neighbourhood with one of our clients. They can't see the network neighbours when connected via wireless. I searched in google for the ports of netbios services and wiki says that ports 137,138,139 for UDP and TCP are for netbios. I gave permission them from acl of controller but nothing changed. I also look it up on wireshark. For netbios services it showed different ports so I gave permission to them additionally. I'll be very happy if you could give some ideas about troubleshooting.

Re: NETBIOS neighbourhood not showing up

next to specific ports NETBIOS is also depended on broadcast, something that on wireless sometimes is blocked. assuming controller: did you check your virtual AP for the drop multicast / broadcast flag? and in the global firewall config there is no deny inter user traffic enabled?

Guru Elite

Are all the clients on the same subnet?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor II

Yes. The clients are in the same vlan. 

Contributor II

I checked from the controller and the box that indicating the broadcast and multicast optimization is unchecked. And there is also no block in the firewall.

if you run wireshark on any of the systems in that network, do you see broadcasts from other devices?

you don't block any traffic in that network somehow?

Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your answers but I've been assigned for a project that is out of town and couldn't really take care of this problem. When I return, i will check the wireshark side and will send you the outputs if necesarry.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: