Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

NEW TO ARUBA-- NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER 6000 SETUP

Good Evening All

Need some help with a donated Aruba Controller 6000 WS-5004 with OS locked at current ArubaOS 5.0.4.17. Controller has 128 AP licenses and 2 license for firewall and Policy Apps none expired...lucky Me!!

Since I dont have any support contracts with Aruba yet..its hard to get any support from Aruba from start to finish. I am supporting a small boarding School and we need to replace the current Unfi Ap's ASAP!!! They are not not holding up well in the classroom overload.

I need to setup this with the following:

Vlan 1 Native - DHCP

vlan 8  Student Network - DHCP

van 30  Faculty Network - DHCP

vlan 40 Future Use

Port 24-25 Trunk Port

Port 23 INTERNET UPLINK PORT

Right there is a 7 cisco POE switches feeding current ap's around campus soon to be aruba

I have two routers for bother networks but can use port 23 as an uplink for a router if need be.

Controller will be connected to the current cisco poe switched via Trunk to controller Aruba Ap's

I will be so greatful for any help that is given. I really could use a step by step from start to finish if possible

Regards

Guru Elite

Re: NEW TO ARUBA-- NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER 6000 SETUP

Take a look at this video:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/COTD-Initial-Setup-Video-of-an-Aruba-Controller/td-p/11784

One thing to consider. You only have 2 PEFNG licenses which means your APs will be capped at 2. You'll want to either acquire more PEFNG licenses or remove the PEFNG license altogether.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

Re: NEW TO ARUBA-- NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER 6000 SETUP

tbradley wrote:

Good Evening All

Need some help with a donated Aruba Controller 6000 WS-5004 with OS locked at current ArubaOS 5.0.4.17. Controller has 128 AP licenses and 2 license for firewall and Policy Apps none expired...lucky Me!!

Since I dont have any support contracts with Aruba yet..its hard to get any support from Aruba from start to finish. I am supporting a small boarding School and we need to replace the current Unfi Ap's ASAP!!! They are not not holding up well in the classroom overload.

I need to setup this with the following:

Vlan 1 Native - DHCP

vlan 8  Student Network - DHCP

van 30  Faculty Network - DHCP

vlan 40 Future Use

Port 24-25 Trunk Port

Port 23 INTERNET UPLINK PORT

Right there is a 7 cisco POE switches feeding current ap's around campus soon to be aruba

I have two routers for bother networks but can use port 23 as an uplink for a router if need be.

Controller will be connected to the current cisco poe switched via Trunk to controller Aruba Ap's

I will be so greatful for any help that is given. I really could use a step by step from start to finish if possible

Regards

tbradley,

The cli configuration is very Cisco-Like.  Do this:

config t

vlan 1

vlan 8

vlan 30

vlan 40

interface fastethernet 24 (or whatever it is)

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 1 (or whatever you want)

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,8,30,40, etc

exit

The 5.x user guide in the folder here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/3795/Default.aspx will tell you how to create WLANs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: