Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Need Help with bandwidth throttle - ASAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Need Help with bandwidth throttle - ASAP

Posted Oct 11, 2012 01:39 PM

Hello All,

The issue I am having is with my SSID Bandwidth throttle. We currently have 3 SSID's in place - one is for employees, the second one is for Guests, and the third one is for Phones/Tablets.  Well, the problem is that the Guests and Phone/Tablet SSID's was configured with low throughput.  

I thought the setting was under Configuration / Security (Access Control) / Select the User Role (guest) and edit / Bandwidth Contract - but according to the gui, it's not enforced.   Am i looking in the right place?  Where can i find the setting, whether it's through the gui or the CLI.

Our Controller is a 3400 running OS 6.1.2.5. 

Thank you in advance.   

• 2.  RE: Need Help with bandwidth throttle - ASAP

Posted Oct 11, 2012 04:20 PM

Where do you see it say it's not enforced?  I've done the same as you outlined for several networks I have configured and it works fine.

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Need Help with bandwidth throttle - ASAP

Posted Oct 11, 2012 05:18 PM

all user and group roles show not enforced.  however, if i log into either of those two SSID's i notice a big bandwidth difference when i navigate the web or go to speedtest.net.

• 4.  RE: Need Help with bandwidth throttle - ASAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2012 11:42 PM

@rubix1 wrote:

all user and group roles show not enforced.  however, if i log into either of those two SSID's i notice a big bandwidth difference when i navigate the web or go to speedtest.net.

Where does it say "not enforced"?